Thursday, May 25, 2006

From My Little Book

I've recently taken to carrying around a memo book and a pen to write down things that come to mind. I was flipping through it and discovered this. I'd thought I'd share it (slightly edited):

4/26/06

There is a lighthouse that shines
In the echoes of three silver chimes.
There is a storm that gathers
Over the sidewalks of my clouded mind
And rain that drops in time and
Time and time again I cannot see
The forest that's inside of me
And the sunsets that are sleeping
In your eyes that blind my
Heart and hide my sighs.
There is a smile stretched so tight
Between the sheets of my soul tonight
That never lets me rest my head
That loses life, that kills the dead.
But when I see you, oh
When I see you sitting in the clouds
Past the snow and past the sounds
Of sweating secrets and suffering
Servants, I can't forget I've fallen down
Beneath the shadows of this land
Between the lines of each frail hand
That offers me a sign of love
Or asks me to ascend above
To that cool place of sweet surrender
Where no one needs to ask, defend or
Try to rip apart these scenes of sweetness.
Wreck the ship so far beyond this neatness
And tranquility...

I don't think I ever finished it.

Peace,
Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's absolutely beautiful. i wish i was a poet or lyricist.

Anonymous said...

Past the snow and past the sounds /
Of sweating secrets and suffering /
Servants, I can't forget I've fallen down / Beneath the shadows of this land / Between the lines of each frail hand / That offers me a sign of love

that was my favorite series of lines
--masantos