Tuesday, May 23, 2006

More News

I got an email from the ND housing office today that told me where I'm staying and the name of my roommate. I'm kind of annoyed, though. I purposefully temporarily got back on Facebook in order to contact people at ND and keep in touch with people from SE/other classes and I somehow got stuck with one of the few remaining people in this country who does not have Facebook. On the other hand, maybe this means we will end up as good friends. Anyone who still avoids Facebook is either regularly antisocial or ahead of his time...I like my odds.

I also went to Gainesville today to meet with Dr. Sterk and attend a meeting/orientation/thing. That went well. I got to have lunch with Carter - he is engaged now! And I ran into two of my favorite "colleagues" - Will and Marie. They were half of the infamous corner in Dr. Sterk's class this past semester (the remaining half being me and the incredible Katie). We were like the class hecklers. It was great. I love those three.

So I'm all set. I just have to figure out what needs to be done and packed and such.

More from me soon. I'm trying to think of interesting things. Sarahmisu (being one of the few regulars around this joint) asked me to explain to her what "iconoclasm as it relates to relationships with other human beings" means, so I'll probably write about that soon. You C.S. Lewis fans had better get ready, because he'll be stopping by again.

And I realized today that Rachel skipped out of this country without ever sending me my picture with Sarah Watkins. I'll have to send her a reminder. ;)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace,
Samuel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just for the record, her name is spelled "Sara", because sadly (and you might disagree) she isn't QUITE on the level of awesomeness to attain that last "h". And I look forward to another visit from ol' Cliveyboy.

Anonymous said...

YAY for a roof over your head!! though, i gotta admit, sleeping on the streets would have been QUITE an adventure!
-em

Anonymous said...

HAYUKEN!!!

Guess there's no point in making it anonymous, but oh well, hope you're doing well, keep me posted on the ND extravaganza!