Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yes, I do like Damien Rice.

Thank you Kathleen for giving me that CD. I really love this chorus:

"So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place that you've known
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?"

Amazing.

I'm considering having entries on here that are basically like writing whatever comes to mind in lyrical/poetic form. It might be good to just have a place to vent those types of thoughts. Disclaimer: they might be complete and utter garbage due to their unedited, freestyled (wut up?) form. Whatever. Call it plogging. Or llogging (eh - that brings to mind llamas at computers).

For example, this came to my head yesterday along with a melody (which I guess you can't hear):

She is summer framed by soft brown hair
And her eyes ignite passion
Like the lives of saints
Or the deaths of sinners
Spark the revolutionary heart.
But can the death of a
Saint do the same
In the life of a sinner?

Something something blah blah blah.

Hope you're all doing well.

Peace,
Sam
P.S. What dreams lay sleeping in your heart?

No comments: