Monday, May 15, 2006

Movies, etc.

Just got back from an exciting evening with the guys (minus Jon). We watched some classic Simpsons and then a movie called Sleuth. It's quite good. Tony then armed me with several movies to add to my curriculum. Every summer I continue my film education with those guys. Expect to see some posts on some (hopefully) quality films.

Most recently, I watched The Motorcyle Diaries (very enjoyable), "Me, You, and Everyone We Know" (probably the worst movie ever made), and Amélie for the second time (magical). I also stomached an animé that contained some of the most impressive and utterly pointless animation I've ever witnessed. I just sat there the entire time thinking, "Why again is this guy so beautifully blowing up everything around him?"

Earlier today I met up with another friend from high school and college. We always have fascinating conversations. It was quite nice.

Still no news on ND. Things are so confusing. Hopefully I'll figure things out by the time I'm on a plane to South Bend.

I hope to do some more reading tomorrow, and probably watch another film.

I just attempted to type out some thoughts I had today. I found it completely inadequate. Blogging isn't as good as real conversation, or even real journaling. "Blog, more like blahg!"

Oh well.

Favorite lyric of the day: "The priest, he says 'Please, I can't stand my knees and I can't bear her raven tresses caught up in the breeze that way.'" - Destroyer (Rubies)

Or possibly: "You were the spice of life, the gin in my vermouth." - Elvis Costello (Indoor Fireworks)

Coming soon: What is a neopuritan?; guest appearances by Martin Luther, C.S. Lewis, David Brainerd, and John Bunyan; theological ramblings; the key to life. Maybe not that last one. We'll see.

Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GUEST APPEARANCES? you make it sound so REAL. i'm excited by these possibilities =)

Anonymous said...

yesss, thoughts on what precisely is a neopuritan.
-masantos