Saturday, May 20, 2006

I can't think of a title.

In the words of The Flaming Lips, "Suddenly everything has changed."

I guess it hasn't been sudden, but it sure feels like it. Over the past year of my life, I have become a different person.

But that's not the topic of this post.

I watched Hotel Rwanda today for the first time. It was incredible. And it made me so angry, and passionate, and sorrowful. I was once again struck by how much we need to help the poor, the downcast, the needy. But not just any help, Gospel help. Rwanda was denied aid from the West because it couldn't give anything back. That's precisely what Christian mercy is all about -- giving to those who can't repay you, just as Jesus did and still does.

So please, go rent the movie. And then log on to Amnesty International or International Justice Mission and make a difference in human rights.

Maybe human rights doesn't spark your passion. Maybe it's something else for you. Maybe it's Fair Trade or environmental sustainability or homelessness. Whatever it is, find out more about it and what you can do about it. If you have no idea where to start, ask me. I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

And be on the look out for a Christian service revolution.

Good night, friends.

To those of you traveling to other cities or countries: Christ will go ahead of you and with you so long as you trust in him.

To those of you who are experiencing physical and/or emotional hardship: let Christ be your only support.

Peace,
Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

diappointment, wish you'd gone on with the ways in which you've become a different person.

still haven't seen hotel rwanda, definitely on the to see list, however.

my dream is to work with ijm.

christian service revolution. i like.

--masantos